The purpose of this document is to demonstrate how we can export data using out-of-band (OOB) data entities from Dynamics 365 for Operations.
- Access to Dynamics 365 for Operations instance via remote desktop.
- To be provisioned as an administrator or at least data management officer for the instance.
Ability to export customer master for USMF legal entity.
1. Navigate to Workspaces > Data management.
2. Click Export tile.
3. Enter JOB DETAILS as follows. We have selected Customers data entity for this scenario.
4. Click Add entity button. You should see Customers data entity added to the right pane.
5. Click Export button.
5. After the job ends, you can see the count of records exported on the Execution summary screen.
6. Click the ellipsis button to download the file.
7. You should be able to see the exported records in the Excel file.
While exporting data from local VM of Dynamics 365 for Operations, you might get an error if the Azure storage emulator is not running.
Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.StorageException: Unable to connect to the remote server —> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
You can start the Azure storage emulator by following the steps below:
- On OneBox VM, run command prompt as administrator.
- Navigate to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Azure\Storage Emulator\”
- Run “AzureStorageEmulator.exe start”
This should resolve the issue reported above which surfaces while exporting data through data entities in Dynamics 365 for Operations.